Tools for Giving
Helping You Build a Stronger Community
How can you give?
The Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands simplifies giving, allows a great degree of flexibility and makes it possible for people and organizations to create a legacy for the future. As you think about how the Foundation might facilitate your charitable giving, we suggest you begin by asking these questions:
- What are my charitable/community interests?
- What type of asset do I have to give?
- What type of involvement do I wish to maintain?
What are some of my options?
- Outright Gifts - Give cash, stocks, real estate or other assets. We accept a variety of assets
- Bequests - Designate a portion of an estate
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Annuity contract pays client for life and charitable fund commences grants upon death
- Charitable Lead Trust - Trust pays the community foundation a fixed amount for a number of years and then assets transfer to beneficiary
- Charitable Remainder Trust - Trust pays beneficiary for life and then assets transfer to community foundation
- Life Estate Contract - Donor transfers home to community foundation and still enjoys use during lifetime
- Supporting Organizations - Managing gifts and grants with some similarity to a private foundation