At the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands (CFVI), the health and wellbeing of our partners, staff, neighbors and community is always our top priority. And we couldn’t be more grateful to be part of such a caring, generous, and resilient community.
The changes taking place in the Territory and across the world in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic are happening rapidly and can be overwhelming. During this unprecedented time, as we collectively navigate the public health and economic emergency of the coronavirus here in the Territory, we encourage donors, companies or organizations that want to support CFVI’s COVID-19 Crisis Relief and Recovery work to make a donation to the Building Forward Fund (BFF).
ABOUT THE BUILDING FORWARD FUND
- Created by CFVI’s Board of Directors in January 2019 to build on the Foundation’s relief and recovery grant-making ($16 million) following the hurricanes of September 2017
- Designed to support the ongoing efforts to deepen and expand recovery and build forward to a better community for all Virgin Islanders in the aftermath of the storms
- Intended to provide immediate assistance in the event of a future emergency need in the USVI (such as the COVID-19 pandemic)
- 100% of all donations to the Building Forward Fund from March 16, 2020 on will be dedicated to assisting with needs related to COVID-19 (until coronavirus needs are met, or funds are fully distributed)
- Special attention will be given to supporting and protecting the Territory’s most vulnerable populations, as well as children and families, and those impacted by economic hardship
- Any remaining funds will be dedicated to recovery efforts for future disasters/crises in the Territory, after all coronavirus needs are met
CFVI is conducting ongoing outreach to understand needs and resources in our community as we deal with the impacts of this crisis, and anticipates that this will require significant and long-term attention. The Building Forward Fund will be used to continue to address these needs.
To date, CFVI has been providing assistance to a wide range of needs and has directed funding to those nonprofits that are providing support to our most vulnerable citizens: children, seniors, homeless, and low-income families.
Support directed to the Building Forward Fund will enable CFVI to continue to be as flexible as possible in helping our community at this time.
MAKE A DONATION – donations to the Building Forward Fund can be made online by visiting https://cfvi.co/BuildingForwardFund
For larger donations, CFVI can also accept wire transfers or checks. Distributions from the Fund will be determined by the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation.
OTHER WAYS FOR DONORS TO ASSIST – CFVI encourages donors who have a more defined area of focus or a specific project they wish to support, to consider establishing a DonorAdvised Fund or creating a Fiscal Sponsorship. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
A TRUSTED ADVOCATE & CONVENER – CFVI is recognized among donors, nonprofit organizations, and the public as a thought leader for responsible fiscal and administrative excellence, and as a cross-sector facilitator. The Foundation has a track record of administering significant grants to organizations and nonprofits that enhance the educational, physical, social, cultural, and environmental welfare of the U.S. Virgin Islands.