Judith A. Towle Environmental Studies Fund at CFVI Accepting Applications for 2018 Funding
The Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands (CFVI) announces the availability of funding to support studies and activities that address environmental concerns that transcend the boundaries of any single island or island state in the insular Caribbean. Funded through the Judith A. Towle Environmental Studies Fund at CFVI, up to $8,000 is available for one or more grants to support activities that include internships, research studies, workshops, seminars and lectureships, or publications.
The Judith A. Towle Environmental Studies Fund was established at CFVI in 2003, in recognition of the work, interests and commitment of Judith Ann Towle to increase environmental awareness in the Eastern Caribbean. Grants will be awarded based on the potential of the proposed project to promote an integrated approach to addressing shared environmental concerns across island boundaries, and for projects that contribute to transboundary solutions for environmental problems that threaten long-term environmental sustainability. Activities proposed for funding must therefore incorporate environmental issues and solutions that embrace at least two island areas in the insular Caribbean.
Who Is Eligible? Any individual who is a resident of, or a not-for-profit institution based in, the insular Caribbean may submit a grant application. Graduate students may also submit applications for research projects focused on the insular Caribbean.
Application Process. Applications will be accepted through CFVI’s grants management portal, accessible at: https://tiny.cc/CFVIGrantPortal. Application Submission Deadline: September 30, 2018. The following information is required:
- CONTACT INFORMATION. Name, address, telephone number and email address of the applicant. If applicant is an institution, a contact person at the institution must be provided.
- APPLICANT QUALIFICATIONS. A brief introduction to the applicant, highlighting the applicant’s qualifications for undertaking the proposed project.
- PROPOSED ACTIVITY. Description of the proposed activity, including who will do what within what timeframe, and what are the anticipated accomplishments, results or products of the activity.
- RELATE PROPOSED ACTIVITY TO OBJECTIVE OF TOWLE FUND. Assessment of how the proposed activity furthers the overall purpose of the Towle Fund.
- BUDGET. Amount of money requested and how it will be expended.
- REFERENCES. Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of 3 persons familiar with the applicant’s work and accomplishments.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. Supporting documentation may be submitted, not to exceed an additional five (5) pages. Documentation exceeding five pages will not be considered as part of the review process
Grant Award. One or more grants will be made, not to exceed a total of $8,000 in 2018. The 2018 grant award will be made no later than December 1, 2018. Questions about this grant opportunity should be directed to Anna Wheatley Scarbriel, CFVI Director of Grants and Programs, at email@example.com.