2020-2021 Academic Scholarship Cycle
The application period for the 2020-2021 CFVI Academic Scholarships begins Monday, December 16, 2019.
Deadline for Application Submission is Friday, March 27, 2020 (11:59 pm AST).
You can access the online scholarship portal here: https://bit.ly/CFVIscholarship-grant-portal.
Please note that in order to apply, all applicants must either log in to their existing account or create a new account with the online scholarship portal. Using this portal, students may submit one application AND be considered for all of the scholarships in which they qualify.
An applicant must:
- Be a high school senior or graduate of a US Virgin Islands high school (or a graduate of a high school outside of the Territory who also provides documentation explaining that they transferred due to Hurricanes Irma and Maria).
- Provide proof of enrollment or admission:
- For Undergraduate scholarships: Be currently enrolled in or have applied for admission to an accredited four-year institution with a program leading to a Bachelor’s degree.
- For Graduate scholarships: Be currently enrolled in or have applied for admission to an accredited institution with a program leading to an advanced degree (Master’s, Ph.D., JD, MD, etc.)
Applicant Checklist: (Undergraduate and Graduate students)
- 2020 CFVI Undergraduate Scholarship Application Form | 2020 CFVI Graduate Scholarship Application Form
- Transcript with Current GPA (Students are required to upload their most recent transcript. Unofficial transcripts are accepted).
- College Acceptance Letter (Students are required to upload acceptance letters from the school of their choice. If students are already enrolled at an institution, the transcript is sufficient and there is no need to upload the acceptance letter. Students that have not yet received acceptance letters, should upload a document explaining that it has not yet been received. This information can be updated at a later date).
- First two pages of most recent stamped tax return (Students that are listed as dependents should upload their parent’s stamped tax return).
- EFC (Expected Family Contribution) Score from FAFSA form
- Resume (Optional)
- Short Answer Essays
- (2) Letters of Recommendation (CFVI provides applicants with the option of manually uploading recommendation letters to their profile or submitting a request to their recommenders via the online application portal.)
- Complete applications will include two letters of recommendation from any qualified reference such as a teacher, supervisor of an outside activity or employer, guidance counselor, principal or clergy. Family members are ineligible. Late references will not be considered. References must be recent (within past 6 months).
- Submit! (An electronic authorized signature and date must be included, before the SUBMIT button is clicked).
All students are encouraged to apply regardless of academic or financial status.
CFVI does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
For more information, click on the links below:
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 340-774-6031.
Interested in supporting USVI students but don’t want to start your own fund? Consider donating to the Anna Green Walsh Scholarship Fund.
The Anna Green Walsh Scholarship Fund was established in 1996 and was the very FIRST Scholarship Fund at CFVI. The Fund was created from the Estate of Anna G. Walsh, a social worker from New York City who moved to St. Thomas after retiring and made the Virgin Islands her home. Your gift to the Anna Green Walsh Fund will help celebrate the legacy of Anna Walsh and will be used to provide scholarships to Virgin Islands students!
Calling all Scholarship Recipients Since 1996
CFVI awarded more than $205,000 in scholarships in 2019 and nearly $3 million overall in the last two decades to talented students from the Virgin Islands. If you are a past scholarship recipient, we would love to hear from you!