2022 Youth Summer Program Grants
In recognition of the unique challenges and opportunities associated with the upcoming summer months, the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands (CFVI) is pleased to offer grants of up to $10,000 to support summer programming serving children and older youth.
While virtual, in-person, and hybrid programming will be considered, our hope is that funding availability will encourage organizations to implement summer programs that serve children in a full-day in-person environment, as this has not been a possibility for many children and older youth over the past two years.
Please note priority will be given to applicants that demonstrate the ability to serve children of lower-income families, essential workers, and families experiencing COVID- related challenges.
Eligible entities include:
- Nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status
- Local nonprofit organizations with registered and good standing status through the Lt. Governor’s Office
- Churches and houses of worship
- Local government agencies
- The summer program must be licensed by the VI Department of Human Services — This will be a requirement to complete the grant application process in the event the program is selected for funding.
Applications from organizations with reports past-due to CFVI will not be considered.
- Organizations may apply for up to $10,000 to support operational costs and/or costs associated with providing scholarships for students.
Examples of acceptable grant fund use include, but are not limited to:
- Payment of rental or related fees for use of facilities and/or support for overhead costs, such as rent and utilities
- Financial assistance for children/youth in families with financial need
- Fees/salary support for personnel
- Food and drink for participants
- Purchase of personal protective equipment (PPE) for staff/participants of programs that will be meeting with youth in person
- Purchase of equipment/technology to facilitate enrichment experience
- Costs associated with implementing field trips
Period of Performance
The period of performance must end on or before August 31, 2022.
Application & Evaluation Process
- Applications must be submitted using the application in CFVI’s online grant portal.
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm AST on May 31, 2022.
- New applicants must create an account in CFVI’s online grant portal.
- Returning applicants should log in using their previously created account.
- You may preview the application form here.
- The grant portal will not accept applications after the established deadline. Once the application has been submitted, an automatic email receipt will be sent confirming that all application materials were successfully received.
- Applicants will be notified regarding decisions on or before June 15, 2022.
- Grant awards will be publicly announced via the CFVI website and circulated to local news outlets.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to those who submit earlier. Award decisions will be communicated to applicants promptly. CFVI is aware of program preparation timelines and will work diligently to report decisions and/or updates within the appropriate timeframes.
Recipients must comply with the following reporting requirements:
Final financial and performance report due no later than by September 15, 2022.
Applicants with additional questions are encouraged to contact Davica Brathwaite, CFVI Grants and Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.