Our Children Now! is an umbrella project initiated by CFVI in 1997 to coordinate and steer a number of closely linked efforts on behalf of children. In the decades since the launch of this initiative, CFVI has spearheaded a number or projects, programs, and efforts aimed at enhancing the lives of children and families in the Territory. Among the key activities have been: collaborating with community and government partners to advocate for policy development and program enhancement, and providing an annual data snapshot.
KIDS COUNT Data Book
The KIDS COUNT USVI Data Book provides information on and documents challenges to child well-being in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Its purpose is to promote dialogue on children’s issues and to stimulate community response to improve the health, safety and economic status of VI children, from birth to age 18.
From 2000-2019, the KIDS COUNT USVI Data Book was compiled and published each year by the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands (CFVI).
- 2016 OUR KIDS IN FOCUS
- 2016 Executive Summary |2016 Resumen Ejecutivo
- 2015 BY THE NUMBERS: WHERE DO WE STAND?
- 2015 Executive Summary | 2015 Resumen Ejecutivo
- 2014 OUR COMMITMENT MATTERS
- 2014 Executive Summary | 2014 Resumen Ejecutivo
- 2013 PAUSING FOR REVIEW: A 20-year Look at VI Children’s Lives
- 2013 Executive Summary | 2013 Resumen Ejecutivo
- 2012 OUR CHILDREN NOW! Strengthening supports for children.
- 2012 Executive Summary | 2012 Resumen Ejecutivo
- 2011 OUR CHILDREN NOW! Investing in our children’s future.
- 2011 Executive Summary | 2011 Resumen Ejecutivo
- 2010 OUR CHILDREN NOW! Measuring what matters.
- 2010 Executive Summary | 2010 Resumen Ejecutivo
- 2009 OUR CHILDREN NOW! How Do We Compare?
- 2009 Executive Summary | 2009 Resumen Ejecutivo
Population Reference Bureau (PRB) Report
This ground-breaking report analyzes trends in the VI from 1990, 2000 and 2010 censuses at a Territory, island and neighborhood level. Assessing trends in population, economy, health and well-being and other key factors reveal some startling statistics; statistics that are extremely valuable for policymakers and program implementers concerned with improving the Virgin Islands.
KIDS COUNT Issue Brief
This issue brief serves to familiarize readers with a definition, key indicators, and up-to-date statistics on school readiness in the Territory.
KIDS COUNT Data Center
The KIDS COUNT Data Center provides in-depth historical and current data on all available indicators for the Virgin Islands. Hosted by the National KIDS COUNT Initiative, data are drawn from both local and national sources.
Contact Anna Scarbriel at email@example.com for more information.